MRTB — Goals
MRTB’s goals are:
- Establish a site-disease specific forum for Radiation Oncologists to discuss and initiate clinical trials using agents within or outside CTEP portfolio.
- Establish radiation biology focus groups to set a national standards on screening assay systems using in-vitro as well as in-vivo approaches.
- To provide complete support in generating pre-clinical data for using in-vitro (NCI 60 cell line screening, clonogenic assays and apoptotic assays) and in-vivo approaches (orthotopic model with either syngenic or xenograft tumors, flank xenografts and GEMMS).
- To perform correlative studies using samples obtained from CTEP approved radiation clinical trials.
- To establish Web-based radiation biology database for agents screened by in-vivo and in-vitro approaches.
- Organize workshops and seminars among the focus groups.
- Provide resource education in molecular radiation oncology for residents in radiation oncology, medical oncology and surgical oncology.
- Provide laboratory skills radiation biology training for clinicians, residents, post-docs and students from all over the world.