Clinical Trials at CDRP Sites
Clinical Trials Open at Rapid City Regional Hospital
- A Pilot Study of Hypofractionated External Beam Radiation and HDR Brachytherapy for Advanced Prostate Cancer.
- A Phase II Trial to Evaluate HDR Brachytherapy as Monotherapy for Stage I and II Breast Carcinoma.
- A Community Survey to Identify and Document the Barriers to Timely and Effective Cancer Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment for the Native American Community.
- Native American Patient Navigator Program.
- A Survey of Cancer Patients to Identify Barriers to Cancer Treatment in a Native American Population (SUR 002).
- Pilot Study of the Helical Tomotherapy Planning and Treatment Delivery Process in Patients Receiving Palliative Treatment for Bone Metastases (HSC 2003-0473/04-R-04AA).
- ATM Variants in Native Americans: Possible Association with Cancer and Radiotherapy Toxicities (ATM/2005-0125/05-R-08AA).
- Phase I/II Trial Examining Dose-per-fraction Escalation using Helical Tomotherapy in the Treatment of Prostate Cancer (HSC 2003-0491/04-R-03AA).
Shalini A Kanekar
Rapid City Regional Hospital
John T. Vucurevich Cancer Care Institute
353 Fairmont Boulevard
Rapid City, SD 57701
Phone: (605) 719-2313
Clinical Trials Open at Laredo Medical Center
- RTOG 0122 A Double Blind Study of Nutritional Intervention for the Treatment of Cancer Cachexia Using Juven Nutritional Supplement.
- RTOG BR-0118 A Phase III Study of Conventional Radiation Therapy Plus Thalidomide Versus Conventional Radiation Therapy for Multiple Brain Metastases.
- NCIC MA-20 A Phase III Study of Regional Radiation Therapy in Early Breast Cancer.
- A Prospective, Randomized Pilot Study of Enbrel vs. Placebo in Patients Receiving Therapy to Combat Fatigue and Cachexia.
- Open-Label, Multicenter Prospective Trial Evaluating the Reduction of Treatment Breaks with Amifostine (Ethyol(R)) in Patients with Measurable, Unresectable Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- A Pilot Study of Hypofractionated External Beam Radiation and HDR Brachytherapy for Advanced Prostate Cancer .
- Study of Tamoxifen and Raloxifen (STAR) for the Prevention of Breast Cancer
Laredo Medical Center
1700 E. Saunders Street
P.O. Box 2068
Laredo, TX 78044
Phone: (956) 796-4734
Clinical Trials Open at New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- Phase II Trial of Hyperfractionated Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (HIMRT) with Concurrent Weekly Cisplatin for Stage III and IVA Head and Neck Cancer.
- Clinical trial comparing Anastrozole with Tamoxifen in postmenopausal patients with DCIS undergoing lumpectomy with radiation therapy.
- Randomized Study of Gemcitabine in combination with radiation therapy vs Gemcitabine alone in patients with localized, unresectable pancreatic cancer.
- RTOG0232-Comparing combined external beam radiation and transperineal interstitial permanent brachytherapy wuth brachytherapy alone for selected patients with intermediate risk of prostatic carcinoma.
- Induction cisplatin/irinotecan followed by combination carboplatin, etoposide, and chest radiotherapy in limited stage small cell lung cancer.
- RTOG0127-Chemoprevention trial of selenium supplementation in persons with resected Stage I non-small cell lung cancer.
- RTOG0214-Comparison of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) vs observation in patients with locally advanced (Stage IIIA or IIIB) non-small cell lung cancer.
- A Phase III Randomized Study of 5-Fluorouracil, Mytomycin-C, and Radiotherapy versus 5-FU, Cisplatin, and Radiotherapy in Carcinoma of the Anal Canal.
Clinical Research Director
Zimmer Cancer Center
2131 South 17th Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
Phone: (910) 343-7288
Clinical Trials Open at Centinela Freeman
- A Trial of Concurrent Radiation and Chemotherapy (Followed by Surgery for Residual Promary/N2-3 Nodal Disease) for Advanced Head and Neck Carcinomas.
- A Phase II Trial of Neoadjuvant Therapy with Concurrent Chemotherapy & High Dose Radiotherapy Followed by Surgical Resection and Consolidative Therapy for Locally Advanced Non Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- A Randomized Study of Radiation Therapy and Temozolomide (IND# 60,265) Versus Radiation Therapy and BCNU for Anaplastic Astrocytoma and Mixed Anaplastic Oligoastrocytoma (Astrocytoma Dominant).
- Comparing Whole Brain Radiation and Stereotatic Radiosurgery Alone Versus with Temozolomide or Gefitnib in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and 1-3 Brain Metastes.
- A Randomized Phase III Study of Conventional Whole Breast Irradiation (WBI) versus Partial Breast Irradiation (PBI) for Women with Stage 0, I, or II Breast Cancer.
- A Phase III Study Comparing Combined External Beam Radiation and Transperineal Interstitial Permanent BrachyTherapy with Brachytherapy Alone for Selected Patients with Intermediate Risk Prostatic Carcinoma.
- Randomized Phase II Trial of Neoadjuvant Combined Modality Therapy for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer.
- A Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to determine the Efficacy of Sandostatin LAR Depot (Octreotide Acetate) In Preventing or Reducing the Severity of Chemoradiation-Induced Diarrhea in Patients with Anal or Rectal Cancer.
- Combined High Dose Rate Brachytherapy and External Beam Radiatherapy for Adenocarcinoma of the Prostate.
- DFM Trial of Obs +/- TAM vs RT +/- TM for Good Risk Duct Carcinoma In-Situ (DCIS) of the Female Breast.
- A Non-Randomized Study of the MammoSite RTS as the Sole Radiation Therapy Technique for Ductal Carcinoma In-Situ (DCIS).
- Regional Radiation Therapy in Early Breast Cancer.
- A Phase III International Randomized Trial of Single Versus Multiple Fractions for Re-Irradiation of Painful Bone Metastases.
Phone: (310) 674-7050 ext. 3455
Clinical Trials Open at Singing River Hospital
- A Phase II Study of Radiation Therapy Plus Low Dose Temozolomide Followed by Temozolomide Plus Irinotecan for Glioblastoma Multiforme (RTOG 0420).
- Phase III Chemoprevention Trial of Selenium Supplementation in Persons with Resected Stage I Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (RTOG L0127).
- Randomized Phase II Trial of Neoadjuvant Combined Modality Therapy for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer (RTOG 0247) Temporarily Closed to Accural.
- Phase III Trial of Observation +/- Tamoxifen vs. RT +/- Tamoxifen for Good Risk Duct Carcinoma In-Situ (DCIS) of the Female Breast (RTOG 98-04).
- A Phase III Comparison of Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation Versus Observation in Patients with Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (RTOG 0214).
- A Phase III Randomized Study of Patients with High Risk, Hormone-Naive Prostate Cancer: Androgen Blockage with 4 Cycles of Immediate Chemotherapy Versus Androgen Blockage with Delayed Chemotherapy (RTOG P-0014) (Closed per RTOG 2/4/05).
- A Phase III Randomized Study of High Dose 3D-CRT/IMRT versus Standard Dose 3D-CRT/IMRT in Patients Treated for Localized Prostate Cancer (RTOG 0126).
- A Phase III Randomized Study of 5-Fluorouracil, Mitomycin-C, and Radiotherapy Versus 5-Fluorouracil, Cisplatin and Radiotherapy in Carcinoma of the Anal Canal (RTOG 9811).
- A Phase II Study of a Paclitaxel-Based Chemoradiotherapy Regimen with Selective Surgical Salvage for Resectable Locoregionally Advanced Carcinoma of the Esphagus (RTOG 0246).
- A Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase III Study to Determine the Efficacy of Sandostatin Lar Depot ...(RTOG 0315).
- A Phase II Study of Gamma Knife Radiosurgery and Temozolomide (Temodar) for Newly Diagnosed Brain Metastases.
- A Phase II Study of Bevacizumab with Concurrent Capecitabine and Radiation Followed by Maintenance Gemcitabine and Bevacizumab for Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer (RTOG 0411).
Grants Program Director
Maggie Ramsey Clarkson, RN,MS
Phone: (228) 809-5625
Clinical Trials Open at UPMC Mckeesport Hospital
- Positron Emission Tomography Pre- and Post Treatment Assessment for Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma.
- A phase II study of radiation therapy plus low dose temozolomide followed by temozolomide plus irinotecan for glioblastoma multiforme (RTOG 0420).
- A phase III randomized study of high dose 3D-CRT-IMRT versus standard dose 3D-CRT/IMRT in patients treated for localized prostate cancer.
- Comparison of Prophylactic cranial irradiation versus observation in patients with locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- A randomized phase III study of conventional whole breast irradiation (WBI) versus partial breast irradiation (PBI) for women with stage 0, I, or II breast cancer.
- A phase III study comparing combined external beam radiation and transperineal interstitial permanent brachytherapy with brachytherapy alone for selected patients with intermediate risk prostatic carcinoma.
- A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled phase III study to determine the efficacy of sandostatis lar depot (ostreotide chemoradiation-induced diarrhea in patients with anal or rectal cancer.
Barbara A Klewien
Project Director Radiation Oncology Community Outreach Group
UPMC McKeesport 1500 Fifth Avenue,
338 Shaw Bldg. McKeesport, PA 15132